Fight for the Faith
May 21, 2023 / Hope Point Church
“Fight for the Faith”
Take-Home Truth: Truth is a call to arms against adversaries who creep into our lives like “sneaky ninjas.” Hiya!
Christ-Connection: Jesus Christ has chosen us to fight for the faith.
Hook: (Ice-breaker question. Get the group talking!)
1. What creeps in or slips into our lives without us noticing?
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text)
2. Read the passage backward and share your general observations.
3. Truth can be , but it cannot be . Fill in the blanks and discuss the cause and effect.
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take-aways from the sermon)
4. How do you protect yourself from apostates with the truth?
5. Caleb shared that there is a wrong way to fight for the faith. What is key to having the right attitude (i.e., “servant of Jesus Christ”)?
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions)
6. The gifts we receive (mercy, peace, and love) call us to what action?
7. Share how you were more evangelistic this past week.