The Purpose of Life
November 12, 2023
“The Purpose of Life”
Take-Home Truth: Glorifying God is the ultimate purpose of life.
Christ-Connection: Jesus gave His life on the cross so that we could glorify God in this life and experience the full glory of God in eternity.
Recap: (Talk about last week)
1. Share ways in which you engaged the unbelieving world this past week (showing mercy, saving others, or staying clean).
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text)
2. Read Revelation 18:1-8 and discuss how this describes a crumbling culture.
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take-aways from the sermon)
3. Richard taught and supported that the ultimate purpose in life is to glorify God. Define and support this from scripture.
4. The opposite of glorifying God is glorifying self. How is this evidenced in your world and in your life? (Romans 1:18-28).
5. Consider the world you live in and the chaos you see (home, work, play, community); how do you remain unstained by the chaos of culture?
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions)
6. How do the following verses instruct you specifically to glorify the Lord through service and sacrifice?
- Matthew 5:16
- 1 Peter 2:12
- 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
- 1 Peter 4:1
- John 21:18-19
7. Share how you will trust God this week with the plan He has for your life in a way that glories Him?