The Greatest Pre-Game Speech
August 14, 2022
“A Soft Heart and a Hard Head”
Hook: (Ice-breaker question. Get the group talking!)
1. Share a time when you experienced an intense thunderstorm. Describe what you heard, saw, and how you felt.
Take-Home Truth: Jesus, while comforting and helpful, challenges His followers to speak hard truths to a rebellious world even when it hurts.
Christ-Connection: A BIG Jesus walks with us during life’s journey when he calls to imitate His suffering.
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text)
2. As a group read Revelation 10 aloud. Make general observations. Discuss and unpack these verses together.
3. What did Richard share why it matters that the angel is identified as Jesus?
4. John heard and understood what the seven thunders meant, but he wasn’t allowed to share this information. In light of Deuteronomy 29:29 why would be this important?
5. In verse 9 John was told to eat the scroll. Discuss why he was asked to do this and the results (vv. 10-11).
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take-aways from the sermon)
6. Talk about how has God’s Word been both sweet and sour in your interactions with others?
7. Richard said, “You can never be faithful to God if your goal if life is for everyone to like you.” What is one of the most difficult feelings you have experienced to overcome in light of this.
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions)
8. Sharing both the sweet and sour of God’s Word is not an easy task and is impossible to do on our own. How does Ezekiel 3:7-9 encourage you to be faithful with a soft heart and a hard head?