The Eternal Magnet
April 17, 2022
Take-Home Truth: Jesus’ death raises His influence and brings hope to the world!
Christ-Connection: Jesus is the only One who has the ability and authority to change lives for eternity.
Hook: (Ice-breaker question. Get the group talking!)
1. Describe some things (events, people, places, etc) that have attracted you and drawn you to them.
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text)
2. As a group, read John 12:32-33 together aloud. Make observations. Discuss and unpack these verses together.
3. People don’t generally talk about how their death will result in bringing hope, but they do when talking about Jesus’ death. As a group share some words you use to describe death and then share some words that describe Jesus’ death.
4. Read the following scriptures that address how God transfers our sins to Jesus. How do these truths enhance your appreciation of what God did through Jesus taking on your sin?
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Isaiah 53:5
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take-aways from the sermon)
5. The cross lets us see just how big God’s love is for us. Richard shared that it is through Christ’s death that He has the greatest impact. Share with the group how Jesus has changed your life (be as specific as you are comfortable).
6. Reflecting on the miracles we say, “That’s what He did for them,” but reflecting on the cross we say, “That’s what He did for me.” How does knowing Jesus has done something for all change the narrative of your story? How does knowing Jesus died for ALL impact the way you treat others?
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions)
6. In light of v. 32 Richard said “God never drags out of guilt or drives out of fear.” How does this inform your approach to sharing God’s love and the gospel with others? And everyday life encounters with family and friends?