Singing on the Other Side
January 15, 2023
“Singing on the Other Side”
Take Home Truth: Saved people sing to the God who saved them.
Christ Connection: Christ’s victory is the only reason we can sing.
Hook: (Ice breaker question. Get the group talking!)
What is your favorite song or hymn and why?
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text.)
1. Read Revelation 15:1-4 and discuss the following questions:
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take aways from the sermon.)
2. One day we are suffering on earth and the next we are singing in heaven. Discuss how this provides you with hope to endure.
3. “Nikos” in the Greek means “victory.” NIKE has defined this as “Just Do It.” Discuss what this slogan means and why or why not this is appropriate for believers.
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions.)
4. What promise of God anchors your perseverance?
5. Richard said: “On suffering days it’s hard to remember singing days.” In addition to prayer, Bible reading, attending church, etc., what are some practical, real-life ways that inspire you to endure? (Think non-standard “church answers,” such as hiking, coffee date…)