Of Course He Will
December 18, 2022
“Of Course He Will”
Take-Home Truth: We are confident Jesus will return because He came the first time.
Christ-Connection: Jesus is the source of our hope while waiting.
Hook: (Ice-breaker question. Get the group talking!)
1. Talk about something you’ve done or experienced once that you can’t wait to do again.
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text)
2. As a group read and discuss the implications of waiting/suffering in this world and finding comfort through Christ’s Second Coming through the following verses:
Matthew 16:21 Matthew 16:27
Philippians 3:18 Philippians 3:20-21
John 13:36-38 John 14:1-3
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take-aways from the sermon)
3. Richard said, “Does waiting for the return of Christ produce an ineffective believer? No, it produces a believer who gives Christ his all.”
- How could setting your hope on Christ’s return lead you to giving your all?
- Share a time in your life when setting your hope on Christ did lead you to give your all.
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions)
4. Richard asked, “What does the Second Coming do for us?”
- Faithful Endurance (2 Timothy 4:1-4)
- Joyful Anticipation (1 Peter 5:2, 4)
- Increasing Purity (1 John 3:2-3)
- Confident Urgency (2 Peter 2:3-13)
While waiting for Christ return, what is one area in which you struggle and need the most encouragement?
Share with the group the strategies you have used to experience growth in one of these areas.