Listen to the Trumpet of Jesus
July 17, 2022
“Listen to the Trumpet of Jesus”
Revelation 8:6 – 9:12
Take-Home Truth: The one who does not heed the warnings of God will suffer the judgment of God.
Christ-Connection: Only Jesus can save you from the judgement of God.
Hook: (Ice-breaker question. Get the group talking!)
1. Warning labels are important. Describe how they help make what you just bought a better experience. Discuss what it would be like to live in a world without warning labels.
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text)
2. Richard said that the trumpets are a loving and kind warning to the world. How is this true? Discuss this as a group in light of Joel 2:1-2.
3. One focus of the message was stating the current temperature of the culture. Richard shared that it is “culturally cool” to rebel and reject truth. Why do you think people want to reject truth? And what does this lead to?
“The devil rewards his loyal subjects with cruel torture.” Dennis Johnson
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take-aways from the sermon)
4. The locusts are a picture of the invasion of darkness unleashed to spiritually blind the world. Why do think people follow darkness?
5. Why does God allow Satan to have a key of authority? Why does He allow Satan to turn the key? And why does He allow the demonic invasion?
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions)
6. What is the answer that Richard shared to protect a person from the demonic onslaught against the world (9:4)? As a group read Ephesians 1:13, 2 Corinthians 1:21-22, and John 6:37, and unpack these verses to assist you with answering and discussing this question.
“God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself because it is not there. There is no such thing.” (C.S. Lewis)