Clothed in Readiness
May 14, 2023
Clothed in Readiness
Ephesians 6:12-15, Romans 5:1
Take-Home Truth: There’s no greater fulfillment than letting God use your voice to share the gospel of peace with others.
Christ-Connection: Peace with God is only found through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Hook: (Ice-breaker question. Get the group talking!)
- Tell of a time when you purchased something that you loved so much that you couldn’t wait to tell people about it.
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text)
- Read Ephesians 6:12-15 and Romans 5:1. Discuss the importance of peace with God.
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take-aways from the sermon)
- Why would peace be considered one of our greatest needs?
- Which of the 7 reasons for reluctance in gospel sharing has been the greatest struggle for you personally? (waning love for God and/or people, doubt, fear of man, no experience in seeing someone saved, using words and not just the example of my life, not sure how to begin a conversation)
- What are some practical ways (open doors) that you can start a gospel conversation? Give some examples you have found to be effective.
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions)
- We have been given the most wonderful gift in the world. Would at least two volunteers briefly share your testimony with the group?
- Using the resources that are attached to the sermon, what commitment will you make to be more evangelistic this week?
Resources For Improving Your Evangelism Impact
Three Circles (demonstrated by one of our students)
Euangelion (the little red book we give to guests each week at Hope Point) and the video we created.
Turning Everyday Conversations into Gospel Conversations, Jimmy Scroggins
One-Verse Evangelism, The Navigators
One Thing You Can’t Do in Heaven, Mark Cahill
Preparing Your Testimony (some basic things to consider)
What was your life like spiritually before receiving Christ? What about your life at that point caused you to really begin seeking God.
Note: You might include things like. – I was: empty, lonely, guilty, fearful, etc
What realization did you come to that finally motivated you to receive Christ?
- What other benefits have you experienced since becoming a Christian?
Ex. Hope, peace, forgiveness