Christ in All the Scriptures
February 12, 2023
Christ in All of the Scriptures
Take-Home Truth: The Bible is a single, unified, unfolding, thrilling story of God’s grace towards rebel sinners that culminates in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Christ-Connection: In scripture we see Jesus is everything we fail to be.
Hook: (Ice-breaker question. Get the group talking!)
- Tell about a time you had a conversation with someone famous, prominent, significant, etc and you didn’t know it. How did you find out? How did it make you feel?
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text)
- Read Luke 24:13-35 out loud. What from Dan’s teaching helped you understand this story more fully?
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take-aways from the sermon)
- In the sermon, Dan posed the question, “What is the Bible to you?” Which of these examples did you most closely identify with?
(Pretzel, good advice, cheesy Christian film, ancient artifact, dusty rule book, etc)
- Dan used a variety of Old Testament stories to prove all of scripture is a unified story of redemption.
(Gen 3:15, Noah, Abraham, Manna, Snakes, Promised Land, Sampson, David, Esther, Hosea, Jonah, etc)
Which example was most impactful to you? As a collection, how has your view of Scripture changed?
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions)
- Luke 24:32 tells us the men’s hearts burned within them as Jesus spoke. Does your heart burn for the words of God? If not, have you had a time in your life when it did?
- What distractions or baggage prevent you from seeing Jesus in the scriptures?