The Love of a Suffering and Reigning King
November 14, 2021 / Richard Smith
The Love of a Suffering & Reigning King
Take-Home Truth: Our ultimate hope in a dark world is Jesus Christ, the Faithful One.
Christ-Connection: Jesus is a leader who never failed, a martyr who conquered death, and a king who truly reigns.
Reflect:(Go deeper in the Word and in our world)
1. As a group, read Revelation 1: 4-6. What stands out to you most from this text?
2. If Christ is a leader who never failed, conquered death, and truly reigns, why are Christians so quiet?
3. Richard said, “Our hope is the faithfulness of Jesus Christ.” How does this statement shake you from apathy? Embolden your witness? Stir your affections for Jesus?
Respond: (Live out God’s truth with new affections, mindset, and actions)
4. The evil one says to believers, “Be quiet,” while he destroys culture. In what ways are you compromising truth and being too quiet?
5. Richard outlined 4 things Christ has done for the believer in Revelation 1:4-6….
- He loves you- “To Him who loves us…” (Verse 5)
- He releases you from judgement- “freed us from our sins…” (Verse 5)
- He gives you a place- “made us to be a kingdom…” (Verse 6)
- He gives you a purpose- “made us priests to serve His God and Father” (Verse 6)
Which of these truths do you struggle to believe the most? Which of these truths bring you the most joy and comfort? Why?
Resolve: What is the one thing you are committing to do this week?