A Love that Warns
January 22, 2023
“A Love That Warns”
Revelation 15:1 – 16:11
Take-Home Truth: Every natural disaster and symbol of the world’s brokenness is a loving warning from God to repent while there is time.
Christ-Connection: Anyone who believes and repents will be saved from their sin and kept in Christ until the end, because of His death and resurrection.
Hook: (Ice-breaker question. Get the group talking!)
- Can you think of a time when you ignored a warning or didn’t give it much consideration? What were the consequences?
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text)
- Read the passage and discuss the five bowls poured out by the angels? What stands out from this passage?
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take-aways from the sermon)
- Richard said that God will honor those that are faithful to Him yet the faithful will still encounter suffering here on earth? Why is this?
- How does God destroying His own creation show His love for us and how offensive sin is to Him?
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions)
- What things are you unwilling to repent of and why?
- Are there things that you are showing more affection for (the Beast) than God?
- Are you unwilling to share these warnings with others? What is preventing you from doing this? (Great opportunity to pray as a group for help in this area)