The Returning King
December 3, 2023
“The Returning King”
Take-Home Truth: You cannot know Jesus unless you know Him as a sacrificial lamb and a warring king.
Christ-Connection: Christ is gloriously good. But, if the world rejects Him, they are spitting in the face of the world’s most powerful judge and will be condemned to permanent destruction.
Recap: (Talk about last week)
- The title of last week’s message was “Four Hallelujahs.” How have those four things we should be thankful for caused you to wait and even suffer with hope?
Engage: (Observe the passage and engage with the text
- Read Revelation 19:11; John 14:2, 3, and 6 and discuss why Jesus is called “Faithful” and “True”?
- Read Revelation 19:15, 16; Psalm 2:10-12 and discuss how Christ the returning King will defeat Satan and his limited power.
Reflect: (Reflect upon the key take-aways from the sermon)
- How does this passage reassure us that we will be protected during the final battle?
- Compare how Jesus came initially on a donkey before being crucified but returns a second time on a white horse to judge the world.
Respond: (Apply the truths of God’s Word to your heart, affections, and actions)
- Richard used the example of the Blackstone grill. He explained the dangers of flames being unseen. Are there examples in your life where you have moved too close to a surface that is hot or are you there now? What do you need to do to make sure you are not “deluded” by the false prophet?